At the website
- When you go to the home page of the Genealogy Guys website (genealogyguys.com), you will see a list of all of our podcast episodes, starting with the most recent. You can click the large Play button for any episode in order to listen to it on your computer.
- While listening to the episode, you can click the buttons below the Play button that will take you back 30 seconds (ideal if you missed something that someone said) or forward 30 seconds (ideal for skipping ahead to a new topic).
- To find a particular episode of interest, use the Search box at the very top of the screen, and enter a word or name, then click the Search button (the magnifying glass). That will bring you to a list of all episodes that have that word or name in the title or in the show notes.
- If you want to download the episode’s mp3 (audio) file to your computer so that you can listen to it later (even when you don’t have an Internet connection), click the Download This Episode button. The audio file will then be in your Downloads folder, and you can listen to it there, or you can move the file to another location on your computer. Then just click on the file to play it using whatever your computer’s default audio player is.
- If you click the Subscribe to This Show button below any episode, you will be given a list of ways to subscribe to the podcasts:
- Website takes you to genealogyguys.com
- Apple Podcasts is the name for listening to podcasts using iTunes (on Windows and pre-Catalina macOS computers) or Apple Podcasts. If you then open the iTunes or Apple Podcasts app on your computer, you’ll be able to subscribe to our podcasts there.
- TuneIn takes you to the TuneIn website entry for our podcast. TuneIn is also one of the ways that you can listen to us using your Amazon Echo.
- Stitcher takes you to the Stitcher website entry for our podcast. You can use the Stitcher app to listen to us using Android or iOS, or you can use the Stitcher Web player to listen to us on your desktop or laptop computer.
- Google Play Music takes you to the Google Play Music entry for our podcast. (If you are accessing our site using an Android device, you should use the Google Podcasts app to subscribe to us instead.)
- RSS Feed gives you the direct URL of our podcast's RSS feed, which can then be used to subscribe to us in any feed reader or podcatcher app.
Is the podcast on hiatus or defunct? The latest episode I've been able to find is from December 2020. Are you guys all right?ReplyDelete
We're on hiatus while George recovers from some major surgery on January 6. We hope to return in the next few weeks.Delete
Get well George! Miss you guys!!ReplyDelete
I also was anxiously awaiting new podcasts. Get well George! I miss you and can't wait for the next podcast!ReplyDelete