Our first five written, self-study courses are:
- Basic Genealogical Research
- Intermediate Genealogical Research
- Using the Social Security Death Index
- Wills and Probate Packets
- U.S. Military Records
Our first twelve videos are:
- Introduction to Genealogy
- All about the U.S. Federal Census
- U.S. Agricultural Census Schedules
- Genealogy Orienteering (Using Maps to Find the Right Place)
- Principles of Effective Evidence Analysis
- Getting Past Brick Walls
- Dissect Obituaries for New Clues
- Finding Archived Newspapers
- Colonial and Early American Land Records
- Using the Vast Resources of MyHeritage.com
- Understanding Copyright and Plagiarism
- Organizing Your Research Process
These are just the beginning! We will be adding new content every month. In fact, we have 22 additional written lessons and 24 more videos in the queue to release in the coming months! These include DNA topics, GEDmatch, British civil registration and parish records research, Swedish research, methodologies, alternative record types, successful research and cemetery excursions, your ancestor's FAN Club, crowdsourcing, effective library research, tutorials for the use id Vivid-Pix RESTORE software, and a wealth of other topics that will make you a better researcher and investigator.
In addition, we have developed a great Resources area at the site that contains links to Our Books, and a growing collection of Printed Materials that we reference in our courses and videos and that we highly recommend because we personally use them. These include books, quick sheets, and magazines that you may want to purchase for your own library or access at your local library. We offer links to valuable Products and Services that we also personally use and recommend. And we also provide a collection of Useful Links that we reference in our training materials.
Drew Smith and George G. Morgan are internationally recognized genealogy experts, authors, researchers, and host of The Genealogy Guys Podcast since September 2005 and the Genealogy Connection podcast since 2016. They also maintain The Genealogy Guys Blog at Drew also is the Genealogy Librarian at the University of South Florida Library and is involved in several high profile Florida-based genealogical and social research programs.
We invite you to enroll in Genealogy Guys Learn for what we guarantee will be a very enlightening experience. Your annual subscription at $99 works out to $8.25 per month for all the content you want to use to become a better researcher. This is a bargain and The Genealogy Guys are committed to delivering the finest content possible.
All of these products are produced by
Aha! Seminars, Inc. ®