We received this press release from Ancestry who
asked that we share it.
To help Americans commemorate Memorial Day from home this year, Ancestry®, the leader in family history, announced today it will host the “Parade of Heroes,” a virtual event which will stream online Monday, May 25 at 11 AM EST (8 AM PST) on Ancestry’s Facebook Page via Watch Party. Emmy Award-winning television personality Kathie Lee Gifford will host the show, with a special guest performance by two-time GRAMMY Award-winning singer-songwriter Tori Kelly.
- Monday, May 25 at 11 AM EST (8 AM PST)
- To commemorate Memorial Day and the 75th anniversary of the end of World War II
- Watch the stream live via Watch Party at https://www.facebook.com/
- Recording will be available at www.Ancestry.com/WWII
- Supported by these great organizations, HISTORY®, Wounded Warrior Project, The Greatest GENERATIONS Foundation, Heroes of the Second World War, TAPS, Jewish War Veterans of the U.S.A. (JWV) and Combined Arms.
- Share your own heroes
- Following the program, Ancestry invites everyone to participate in the “Parade of Heroes” by sharing a picture or video on Instagram to commemorate who they are remembering this Memorial Day, using the hashtag #RememberAtHome. Viewers are also encouraged to submit photos discovered using Ancestry’s free access to military records, in memory of loved ones lost.
- Free Access
- More than 550 million military records on Fold3®, covering military conflicts as early as the Revolutionary War, open May 21-25
- Nearly 500 million records and images from the National Archives and Records Administration available on Ancestry, including all 36 million of the nation’s available World War II young man’s draft cards, open now through June 1
James Perrine 8x Great Grandson of Daniel “The Huguenot” Perrin
Senior Manager, Consumer PR